Workplace Health Call Centre
1 (866) 922-9464
If You Get Injured:
- Report the injury to your supervisor
- Phone Workplace Health call centre 1 (866) 922-9464 (toll free)
- Get medical treatment
- Participate in incident investigation
Examples of Immediate Actions:
- Use a safer or more conservative method of completing the task.
- Find a second trained person to assist you in the task, if this makes the task safe to perform.
Examples of Follow-Up Actions:
- Discuss with your OT/PT about a safe client handling assessment.
- Provide client with information regarding their responsibility for providing a safe work environment.
- Ensure your supervisor/manager is involved if the client is refusing safe client handling recommendations and/or equipment. Risk management may need to be consulted.